Ayanda African Oils is a co-operative that represents several Essential Oil Farmers on the East Coast of South Africa. By knowing the exact source of our oils, we can be confident that they are 100% pure, certified organic and unadulterated. We manage and control the full process, from seedlings to growing the crops to harvesting to the distillation of the oil, on our many farms across the East Coast of South Africa. We are able to offer our clients a reliable supply of consistent and high quality oil and hydrosols from our modern distillation facilities.
Our farms currently have over 700 Ha under production:
- Over 400 ha – Organic Tea Tree
- Over 200 ha – Conventional Tea Tree
- Organic Rose Geranium
- Conventional Rose Geranium
- Over 20 ha – Organic Rosemary (var. Verbenonne)
- Over 60 ha – Organic Eucalyptus smithii
- Over 10 ha – Organic Lemon grass
- Over 10 ha – Organic Niaouli
- Over 10 ha – Organic Lemon scented Tea Tree
Our Crop expansion plans are for a 10% increase per annumH
Ayanda’s distilleries use steam distillation to extract aromatic compounds (essential oil) from a plant. During the steam distillation process, steam passes through the plant material. The essential oil rises to the top and is separated from the hydrosol (floral water) and collected. Should hydrosol be required, it too is collected and packaged separately.
Ayanda African Oils operates 6 distilleries with over 700 hectares of crop cultivated to essential oils and we are growing this area every year.
Our state of the art distillation facilities are constructed from food grade stainless steel. This helps prevent contamination and ensures the volatile organic essential oils maintain their therapeutic qualities by not reacting with the distillation equipment itself.
- Mtonjaneni Distillery, has two x 1 ton distillation Vats
- Vorster Distillery, has two x 2 ton Distillation Vats
- Windermere Distillery, has two x 1 ton, and two x half ton distillation Vats.
- Doringkop (Ukushona) Distillery has four x 1 ton Distillation Vats
- Sunshine Seedlings has four x 2 ton distillation Vats
- Wezco Distillery has two x 1 ton distillation Vats
- We adhere to strict manufacturing standards
- We have various quality management systems in place to ensure quality control and consistency in the standard of our product
- Our standard operating procedures are in line with International management and quality standards
Our oil is supplied in either 25L, 210L or 1000L fluorinated HDPE UN approved containers, all our containers are food grade certified.
Despite our rural location we are strategically located within one hour from a sea port, as well King Shaka International airport (Durban), facilitating fast and efficient trade. All our products can be exported in bulk from our farm warehouse in South Africa, to anywhere in the world.